What is an Authorised Treatment Facility permit?

To hold an Authorised Treatment Facility permit and depollute scrap cars to standards set by DEFRA (the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs), recycling centres must be licensed by the Environment Agency in England & Wales, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency in Scotland or the Northern Ireland Environment Agency in Northern Ireland.

All CarTakeBack recycling centres have an Authorised Treatment Facility permit. Only these sites are permitted to issue you with a DVLA Certificate of Destruction.


If you still have questions, you can find all of the answers in the following categories:

About your donation About your car Sorting the paperwork Having your car collected About Charity Car

Alternatively, you can search our website below:

Call Us

0330 818 85 56 during opening hours.

Standard rate applies (as per 01 or 02 numbers and is usually included in any free minutes).

Get a Call Back

During opening hours request a call back by entering your telephone number below.
An operator will call you as soon as they become available.

Send an email to info@CharityCar.co.uk or use the form below.

It helps if you tell us your registration or reference number if you have one.
During opening hours we'll usually respond within two hours.

Chat with us online now.

Online chat is compatible with most desktop and tablet computers, and may be available outside of our usual opening hours.