Sorting the paperwork

Lots of advice and information about the paperwork.

What should I do with the registration certificate for my car?

Do I need to get in touch with DVLA?

What is a Certificate of Destruction?

What does a DVLA Certificate of Destruction look like?

How and when will I get my DVLA Certificate of Destruction?

Can anyone issue a Certificate of Destruction?

What is an Authorised Treatment Facility permit?

How do I notify DVLA?

What if I don't have my registration certificate?

How do I reclaim any unused road tax?

How do I prove my identity?

What is the Scrap Metal Dealers Act?

What is the Air Weapon and Licensing Act?

Will DVLA send me any confirmation?

What are the penalties if I don't notify DVLA?

Can I keep my personalised registration?

If you still have questions, you can find all of the answers in the following categories:

About your donation About your car Sorting the paperwork Having your car collected About Charity Car

Alternatively, you can search our website below:

Call Us

0330 818 85 56 during opening hours.

Standard rate applies (as per 01 or 02 numbers and is usually included in any free minutes).

Get a Call Back

During opening hours request a call back by entering your telephone number below.
An operator will call you as soon as they become available.

Send an email to or use the form below.

It helps if you tell us your registration or reference number if you have one.
During opening hours we'll usually respond within two hours.

Chat with us online now.

Online chat is compatible with most desktop and tablet computers, and may be available outside of our usual opening hours.