How do I prove my identity?

If you donate your car in England or Wales, the Scrap Metal Dealers Act, or in Scotland, the Air Weapon and Licensing Act both mean we have to confirm your identity. All you need is a current photocard driving licence, as this confirms your name, date of birth and residential address.

Don't have a photocard driving license?

If you don't have a photocard driving license, you can show another form of photo ID from list 1 below, along with separate proof of address from list 2 below.

1. Accepted forms of photo ID:

  • a valid UK passport

  • a valid passport issued by a European Economic Area state, or

  • a valid UK biometric immigration document.

2. Accepted proof of address (which must not be older than 3 months):

  • a bank or building society statement

  • a credit or debit card statement

  • a council tax statement or demand letter

  • a utility bill (e.g. gas, electricity, water), but not a mobile phone bill.